Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wendy's Hot & Juicy

I love burgers. If I was genetically predisposed to having an incredibly fast metabolism, I would eat burgers every day all the time, as much a I want.

Burgers are the perfect combination of carbohydrates, protein, dairy, greens, and all the other fatty juicy, saltiness that comes along with burgers.

I'm not sure if I have a favourite burger, but when it comes to fast food, A&W's is probably my number one burger place. Unfortunately, there aren't many A&W's around. La Belle Province is another great place for burgers in Quebec. Last winter, I happened to try Le Gourmet Burger on Bishop Street with D and had the best veggie burger of my life. This summer, D and I tried Cheeburger Cheeburger and loved it so much that we kept going back! Unfortunately, Cheeburger Cheeburger is now closed (in Montreal at least).

Anyways, back in the beginning of November, I recieved coupons in the mail from Wendy's and they offered their Hot & Juicy for free if you bought fries and a drink. To be quite honest, I felt ripped off because I paid $4.23 for fries and a drink! I basically got the burger for $4.23 and got the drink and fries for free. Stupid taxes...

Anyways, I ate it and here's the review.

What I like about Wendy's is their packaging of their burger. It's wrapped up nicely and held in a box so your burger doesn't lose it's shape and drip all over the place. It's cute! Though, I don't like that they place it in a sideways upright position since all the sauce just drips to one side.

The fries were a bit cold, but it was probably due to my walk from Wendy's to my appartment. It was cold that day but I don't think it should make the fries soggy.

Let's talk bun. Part of the bun got soggy due to it's position in the packaging, but overall tasty. The bun itself was a bit too sweet for my taste though.

The burger contained ketchup, mayonnaise, but no mustard. I love my burgers with mustard, but I was pleasantly suprised at just how good a burger could taste with only ketchup and mayonnaise! Thumbs up for ketchup and mayo Wendy's!

The burger also contained onion, 1 tomato, 1 leaf of lettuce, 3 pickles, and 2 slices of cheese. Everything was good except for the wet, soggy lettuce. I don't like soggy lettuce! I also would've liked more lettuce.


Let's move on to the burger patty. Let's just say, when you name your burger the Hot & Juicy and your burger patty is burnt, dry, and has no flavour, something's wrong.

Overall, the burger was alright. The burger held up nicely and I didn't lose toppings. Perhaps the loads of mayo and ketchup they put in their burgers tried to make up for the extremely dry patty. I kept tasting something fishy in the burger; almost like an oily fish flavour which was not pleasant. I've noticed this taste with many Wendy's burger's I've tried in the past. After tasting each piece of the burger, to my suprise, the fishy flavour came from the pickles! I was horrified. Something has got to be done about them!

Here's a summary:

Bun - 2/5
Toppings - 3/5
Patty - 0/5
Overall - 3/5

The taste of the burger as a whole was OK. Wendy's needs to do something about their fishy tasting pickles and make their Hot & Juicy, HOT & JUICY!

Stay tuned for more burger reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment