Friday, March 29, 2013

Hawaii: Kaiwa

We ate a lot of seafood and sushi while in Hawaii. I'm considering a move to Hawaii in the future just for the food and of course the beautiful scenery!

Kaiwa is on Waikiki Beach Walk on the 2nd floor, and next to a bunch of little shops and other restaurants. The interior is very modern and trendy, and the waiters were very friendly; they even spoke Japanese (they weren't Japanese lol). This place has some of the best sashimi I've ever had! The fish is just so so fresh there! I regret not ordering more dishes! I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Housemade tofu cup

The Hawaiian Trio: pearl city watercress, hamakua tomato, Maui onion
 tuna, albacore,salmon, tamago, and shiso leaves 


Hamachi Kama: Yellow tail sashimi with jalapenos and baby watercress

Okonomiyaki

Everything at Kaiwa was so fresh and I'll really miss having such lovely sashimi. My favourite was the salad trio, the yellowtail sashimi, and the okonomiyaki. The okonomiyaki was so much better than the one I tried at Kazu here in Montreal.

If I had the money and stomach, I would try everything on Kaiwa's menu!

Kaiwa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment