Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Flourless Pecan Brownies

I've been wanting to wait to head on out to a restaurant and review it so I could make it my first post, but then I thought, ah what the heck! Why wait? I'm making brownies!

I found this lovely recipe on Martha Stewart; it's also accompanied by a video demonstration by Sarah Carey. Everyone should subscribe to EverydayFoodVideos on Youtube. It's the best! I actually had a big midterm to cram for today, but this recipe looked so wonderful, I had to take a little break and relax by baking.

I won't write out the recipe since it's written on the link I gave. I did however halve the recipe and substituted pecans with walnuts.


Let's have a closer look shall we?



I didn't add a lot of walnuts as I didn't want it to be too high in calories (I'm watching my weight)! Although these brownies tasted AMAZING, I did regret not putting more walnuts because I enjoyed the crunch it gave. Oh well, next time!

Let me repeat, these brownies were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! This recipe really made for dense and moist brownies. Because it's flourless, it brought out their double chocolate-y-ness, and not to mention great for those who can't have gluten in their diet! What I love most about these is the shiny, slightly crispy exterior and the almost chewy interior. I love chewy sweets so...

Enough talk, try this recipe! It's oh so easy; no mixer needed, and I guarantee friends and family will be all over these fabulous brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment